What we do.
- A range of maternity services including aspects of Obstetrics and midwifery care.
- Antenatal care
- PMTCT services
- The care of women in labour in the hospital.
- post natal care after delivery
- Six (6) weeks post natal care services for both mother and baby.
- Midwives work in the hospital providing all kinds of care for pregnant women including midwifery practice based care.
- The service gives women choice in aspects of their pregnancy care. They will have an opportunity of seeing a consultant and obstetrician.
The reproductive health coordinator provides advice and support for all types of maternity cases and infant care.
The foetal assessment and ultrasound Department provides routine screening for all women booked for maternity care at Chitungwiza GPs obstetrics and midwives can refer women directly to the unit for assessment at any time if they are concerns during the pregnancy.
The midwifery services also provides specialist support for a wide range of specific antenatal/post natal problems and situations including HIV teenage pregnancy, diabetes, complex medical problems and bereavement.
The hospital is 30 km in the south east of the City of Harare. Look for Maternity Ward.
Who is this for?
This service is for women and other health care professionals who would like to talk to a midwife for non-urgent information and support such as:
- Questions about your pregnancy
- Questions about your new born baby.
- Quires from pregnant women who are interested in giving birth at Chitungwiza central Hospital.