WHO ARE WE?
The department comprises of the following;
- Health information officer-Head of Department
- Health information Assistants
The department maintains the hospitals daily data flows and aligns itself with the hospitals overall objective of providing quality health to all.
WHAT DO WE DO?
- Coding of discharged patients according to their diagnosis as indicated on the front sheet
- Data capturing of patients data i.e. demographic data, date of admission diagnosis etc. in the hospitals data base
- Keeping records of patients admitted, discharged, transferred to other hospitals and deceased on a daily basis
- Statistics –Analyzing raw data and converting it into useful information, daily,weekly,monthly,quarterly and annually.
- Issuing of birth confirmation of every child born at the hospital to access a birth certificate.it is a right of every child to have a birth certificate.
- Keeping of patients investigation results
- Ensuring that each patient or client maintains as single record in the admission data base
- Filling and retrieving of files. Files are systematically archived using the patients hospital number for easy retrieval.