Mrs Susan Munembe (Head of Department)
Core Functions of the Department
The internal audit department will assist the government to fulfil its vision, mission, strategies, initiatives and objectives while adhering to its core value by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, internal control system and government processes.
Ultimately the internal audit department will help to ensure:
- Risks are appropriately identified and managed
- Significant financial managerial and operating information is accurate, reliable and timely
- Government resources are acquired economically, used effectively and adequately safeguarded.
- Government operations are transacted in accordance with sufficient internal controls, good business judgement and high ethical standards.
- Quality and continuous improvement are fostered in the governments internal control processes.
- Significant legislative or regulatory issues impacting the government are recognised and addressed appropriately